Thursday, February 12, 2004

I have been thinking about this for a long time, but I must say I'm neither a Democrat nor a Republican. I believe any woman should be able to have an abortion if she wishes, and religions and politics should be completely separated. I think the sodomy laws are pure bullshit. You should be able to marry whoever you want - a male or female. Just because some people are Christians, it shouldn't have any influence on other people's lives. So in that sense, I am a Democrat. But I don't agree with Democrats when it comes to money/tax issue.

John Kerry: "What's on the table is whether people earning $200,000 and up ought to be getting a tax cut at the expense of the average American and the priorities of our country," he said. "If George Bush wants to stand there and defend people who earn more than $200,000 a year getting a tax cut, instead of giving health care to Americans and instead of investing in education and job training, that is the debate I want to have (New York Times, Feb. 10, 2004)."

Some people make $200,000 plus, so what? They probably work hard to earn it. Sure, there are people who inherit fortunes, but for every heir, there is a hard-working person who worked his/her way up. So why punish rich people by taxing them more? It's almost like a bad thing to be rich and successful. Everyone should provide for themselves. For instance, no steady job, no health insurance. It's not my problem that some people pop out more kids than they can afford. I shouldn't have to pay for other people's mistakes. If I make more than $200,000 one day, I wouldn't want to pay more than I should to help out other people. I don't work in the social service. Just because I can afford to pay more tax, it doesn't necessary mean I should. If I earn it, it's mine. Period.

Aside from money/tax issue, we shouldn't give any special immigration benefits to Latinos. All immigrants should be treated equally, no matter where they come from! When you find undocumented immigrants, you deport them. No exceptions!!

No comments: