Wednesday, October 29, 2003

Today was my day off. I woke up really early this morning, against my will, because my throat was bothering me so much. I can't even remember when the last time I was sick was, but I can tell this is going to be pretty bad. I was gonna go to a Yoga class today, but I gave up. I don't think I can handle that hot room for 90 mins when my throat is in pain.

So.. instead, I met up with Chisa to get lunch. She is leaving for Japan tomorrow... :( We had really good Korean food in K-town, and then went to Starbucks in Little Tokyo. As we were having coffee and talking, a few serious looking guys came in and sat near us. We were kinda wondering what they did for living - because they were wearing suits and looked all tough and serious. We knew they weren't regular office people. And then I saw handcuffs and guns on their belts, as they took off their jackets. They were Detectives. We heard some interesting conversations like "I'm going to the county jail later..." etc. An hour or so later, they were leaving, and I found a wallet on a couch they were sitting on. So I told them that someone forgot his wallet. They were very thankful that I called them back. A few minutes later, one of the guys came back to Starbucks, and said they were going to a bar down the street after work, and would like to buy us a drink as a "thank-you." We politely said no (Chisa had to run some errands before she leaves for Japan tomorrow, and I'm freaking sick), but he started talking to us. We were talking for like 10 mins - he told us about a recent murder case that a Japanese guy was involved in. So it was interesting, and different. He gave us his business card at the end of the conversation and said to call him if we ever need help. The business card reads: "Los Angeles Police Department - Robbery Homicide Devision, Homicide Special Section, Detective ..." I hope I don't have to call this guy for help!

No comments: